Tuesday 18 March 2014

Citadel Technical - Agrellan Earth


I know, it doesn't sound very interesting. However as I seem to have been the one of first in my local gaming community to try using his stuff I thought I'd post a couple of pictures up and share my thoughts after this trail run with the stuff.

So what is it exactly? Well literally paint of a light brown colour designed to crack as it dries to create the parched cracked earth effect you get in such lovely places a Somalia, Chad, Yemen or the bottom of British reservoirs in the height of summer.

So i grabbed my Steel Legion sentinel walkers and slapped on the paint and waited....

This is the type of effect you get after it has dried. I must admit it does look pretty good. The photo doesn't do it justice. However one thing that i learnt very quickly is this stuff is incredibly fragile. Even light brushing over this with varnish to seal it managed to flake off some bits. I also note that after the varnish dried it lost the very dry-dust effect it had previously so I think these bases will need further going over with weathering powders to get that dusty effect back.

All in all though it is a interesting product with lots of potential uses for all sorts of flaking effects. Worth it, but handle with care!
Finally I managed to get down to a open 40K gaming day at Shadow Games in Rugby recently with my Imperial Guard force. Played an excellent game against a Space Wolves force alongside an allied army of Chaos Demons. The picture here shows the last stand of my guys to some giant power armoured guy riding a huge wolf! It didn't end well for my guys and their APC friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment